Annual Biomed Conference Highlights Transformative Cancer Therapies, Bio Food
Biomed Israel, an international conference on life sciences and health tech, will bring together scientists, healthcare professionals, and industry experts from all over the world this week in an annual three-day event that highlights the latest innovation, news, tech, and research coming from the global biotech sector. The event takes place at the David Intercontinental hotel in Tel Aviv from May 10 to 12.
The conference will be co-chaired by Medstrada founder and CEO Ruti Alon; medical science and health innovation expert Ora Dar, PhD; and managing general partner of MeOHR Ventures Nissim Darvish, MD, PhD.
More than 6,000 people from 45 countries are expected to attend the event.
This year, the conference marks its 20th anniversary with 10 different tracks, including infectious diseases and bio food, which will be chaired by an industry leader in the field. There will also be an exhibition featuring hundreds of Israeli startups and companies who will present their unique products and technologies.
The Biomed Israel conference is back after two years of hiatus due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The last in-person conference was in 2019
The tracks will explore the future of healthcare systems and life sciences through biopharma, medical devices, digital health, and diagnostic products and technologies. They are:
- Cell, Gene and Nucleic Acids Therapies – The Next Frontier in Human Health
- Transformative Precision Cancer Diagnostics and Therapies
- Medical Device – Breakthrough Technologies
- Academia – Where is it Taking Us? Science and Technology – Prediction and Anticipation
- AI and Machine Learning – Transforming Treatment, Drug Discovery and Development
- Digital Reconstruction of Healthcare
- Infectious Diseases – Breaking Barriers in Vaccine Development, Therapy and Diagnostic Modalities
- Current and Future Roles of Robotics in the Medical Field
- Bio Food – A New Era of Food Technologies – Its Impact on Nutrition and Health
- BioConvergence, Engineering and Biotechnology Combined, Expanding to Other Verticals
“After holding the conference virtually last year, we are thrilled to be back in person and excited for the opportunity to celebrate our 20th anniversary with the local life science ecosystem and our international partners,” said Ruti Alon in a statement. “In addition to recurring fields such as oncology, gene therapy, and the impact of artificial intelligence on drug discovery and development, this year we have expanded the scope of topics to also include infectious diseases, Bio Food and BioConvergence.”
“Each day of the three-day conference will begin with three parallel breakout sessions covering the current most exciting fields in HealthTech, followed by plenary talks and panel discussions of world-class key opinion leaders. Thousands of attendees will have the chance to hear over 100 speakers and to explore over 100 innovative HealthTech and MedTech startups that will present and exhibit their products and technologies,” added Alon.